30 July 2011

Going urban

On my visit to Helsinki this week one of my shoots was with Jami Ropponen. He asked me to shoot with him with a clear concept of what and where to shoot and also had a wardrobe for me. Can it get any easier for a model? :) I'd love it if more often I could just go to the shoot without first worrying about which clothes to bring and whether they are anything the photographer had in mind.. Sometimes I just wish I had a stylist. Or sh*t loads of money to buy the proper clothes. :P Aaaanyway, this was an easy well planned shoot and we wrapped it up real fast. Jami told me this was partly because I was so easy to work with and he didn't need to tell me what to do all the time. It's nice to hear such thing. ^^ Makes me feel like I'm doing the right thing and that this relly is my thing.

Enough with the talk, here are some of the pics. Click at least the smaller ones bigger!

(c) Jami Ropponen 2011
Thisshoot was hmm, interesting also because we were shooting in the city. People stared and I needed to change outfit basically on the street. :D Weeell, I ain't that shy and sometimes a little audience is in fact a boost to model better, be more fierce as Tyra would say;) and just let the people think we're doing this for a "real" purpose;D. Hahaa!

(c) Jami Ropponen 2011
Jami is a nice guy and I totally appreciate the planning he had done beforehand. The only thing was that apparently the world was trying to sabotage our shoot: there was a motorcycle parked in front of the car he had planned to shoot with (well, it wasn't that bad afterall), then there were some dudes sitting and drinking beer on the stairs we were about to shoot at (they agreed to move when we asked them) aaaand when we approached one of the locations, a park with wooden benches, we first noticed there was a van parked right on the spot and if that wasn't enough they were actually sawing the benches apart! I mean literally, they were removing the benches with friggin motor saws! What are the odds..

(c) Jami Ropponen 2011

Nevertheless I think we had excellent locations and a relaxed nice photoshoot.

(c) Jami Ropponen 2011

Make up and hair by me. By the way, big thank you to my hairdressers: Hannamari and Sami. I need two because the other one has decent scissors (and an education) and the otherone the machine. :D I'm just not willing to pay 30+ euros a month for hair. 8/

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm not a Tyra fan so I wont use the word "fierce", but I love your "look" and the confidence you show in these images! You absolutely look like you know what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodie, i think the dudes were drinking beer, not bear :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. xD Hahaaa, bear - beer, what have you. x') Thank you for correcting. Thehee.

    And Robert, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hienot hiukset sulla! Ja tuossa ekassa kuvassa aivan loistava pose!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I'd love it if you left a name instead of being just Anonymous.^^

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails